People who are considered ugly are often bullied when they’re young, suffer from low self-esteem, or have experienced a traumatic event in their lives. Many people who think they’re ugly feel this way because of how they see themselves or what others have told them. Here are some reasons why people call you ugly and the steps you can take to overcome these insecurities.
Why Do People Call Me Ugly?
Most people who have never met me would probably say that I am not beautiful. Why do they say this? Well, I can’t exactly blame them for their opinion. My appearance is not the best and neither are my features. I have a small nose, and big eyes, and I’m short for my age. However, I don’t look ugly or unattractive to me at all.
You’ve Been Bullied And Abused
- for years and it still stays in your mind. You see people who are incredibly beautiful and you feel inferior to them. You envy their looks and wish you could be like them. But, you know that if you just look at yourself, you’ll see how ugly you are.
- How can a person who is so ugly feel ugly? How can someone who doesn’t even like the way he looks feel ugly? I don’t think I am that ugly. I am not as good-looking as most of the girls around me but I know that I look good enough to be called beautiful. I have been told by my own friends that they would love to date me but they wouldn’t because they think I am too old for them.
- I guess the difference between me and those girls is that they have been told by others that they are pretty whereas there are people who tell me that I am pretty too many times for me to not believe it.
- I have never felt beautiful but I know that I am. I have been told by many people that I am pretty and I have been told by many people that I am ugly. In my eyes, there is no difference between being pretty and being ugly. And, in my opinion, there is no such thing as beauty or ugliness. Beauty and ugliness are just opinions.
- A person’s appearance doesn’t determine his worth or how much he is loved by others. What you feel inside is what matters the most. This is something that everyone should remember especially when they are bullied at school or at home all the time because of their looks.
- If a person can accept the way he looks and be confident in it, then it means he has already won half of the battle against those who bully him for being ugly or not pretty enough for others to like him.
You Don’t Feel Confident In Your Own Skin
- When you are young, you don’t feel confident in your appearance. You have no idea what your own body looks like and so you take a lot of photos. You compare yourself to them. You see flaws in yourself and feel ugly.
- As you grow older, you realize that your flaws are not as obvious as they were when you were younger, but they still exist and can be seen by others. You try to hide them as much as possible because not everyone thinks that they are beautiful or attractive. (This is why we have makeup.)
- When people tell you that whatever it is that they see in you isn’t beautiful, then it doesn’t make sense anymore because the person telling you this doesn’t know what he/she is talking about. Nobody can tell another person their own feelings about themselves accurately because we all look at ourselves differently; we each see something different in ourselves day after day, so how can one person tell another person that they are ugly?
- You start to feel more insecure about yourself and you start to feel less confident. You start to worry that you are ugly and that nobody else sees the beauty in you.
- You begin to think that if someone doesn’t like you, then it is because they don’t like your personality, not because of your looks or your physical appearance. They may not be able to see what is beautiful about you and so they can’t say it.
How To Be Happy, Despite What Others Think About Your Looks?
- In your previous life, you were a person who was highly valued and admired by everyone. You were physically beautiful, as well as having an attractive personality.
- However, in this life, you have to deal with much criticism from your peers about your appearance. They don’t like the way you look, and they find it hard to accept that you are not what they want to see in their eyes.
- This makes them unhappy because they lack the ability to accept that others are not like them and that there is nothing wrong with them for being different from them.
- Those who criticize you are probably unhappy themselves. They are unable to accept that they are not as beautiful as they imagine themselves to be.
- This is why they make fun of others and criticize them for being different from them, and you were often the target of their attacks because of this reason.
- You have the ability to see beyond the criticism and hatred that others have towards you, but most people don’t have this ability because their egos prevent them from seeing things in a different way.
- Since you understand what’s going on in your life, you can understand why people think negatively about you, yet it doesn’t matter because no one can change your appearance except yourself by accepting it for what it is and not attempting to change it in any way whatsoever.
- You should also understand that you don’t have to care what people think about you because it doesn’t matter no one can change your appearance except yourself by accepting it for what it is and not attempting to change it in any way whatsoever.
- If people criticize you, remember that they are just jealous of your ability to accept yourself for who you are instead of trying to change who you are in any way possible.
- The only person who can make you feel ugly is yourself when you allow others to make you feel bad about yourself by trying to change how they see you into the image that they want them to see when in reality no one can do this except themselves.
When people call you ugly, it’s important to remember that these comments are about them, not you. While their words can hurt, they’re not worth dwelling on. Instead, focus on loving yourself and finding ways to appreciate your looks. Once you’ve done this, you’ll realize that those who call you ugly are actually the ugly ones. When people call you ugly, remember that it’s their insecurity that’s fueling their words. Instead of letting them hurt you, use their words as a way to love yourself even more.